Recipe: Turkey Skillet
February 27, 2021 |
High protein is hard to come by for some people, but not when you have this recipe! This high protein turkey skillet is packed with high protein and tons of nutrients from all of the veggies.
Ingredients: 4 servings
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound lean ground turkey
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
• 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini and/or summer squash
• 1 cup fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
• 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
• 1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese or regular mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. In a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot add in the ground turkey and crumble it with a wooden spoon.
3. Once the turkey is almost cooked through add in the onion, garlic, basil, oregano and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute and then add in the rest of the vegetables. Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened slightly.
4. Top the turkey and vegetable mixture with the shredded cheese. Put the skillet in the oven and broil it just until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Nutrition: 1 serving