Foodie Friday: Spinach Avocado Chicken Burger
July 03, 2020 |
Happy Foodie Friday everyone! For today’s recipe we have a spinach avocado chicken burger! These things are packed with healthy fats, proteins, and some hidden veggies. These are great options to help keep you nice and full throughout the day due to the pairing of a healthy fat and a protein! Super easy to make and are a great option for meal prep for the week.
Ingredients: 4-5 burgers
• 1 lb ground chicken
• ½ cup spinach, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp coconut flour
• 1 tbsp avocado oil
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 2 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 small avocado, diced into chunks
• Mix the chicken with the seasonings, spinach, coconut flour, lime juice, and avocado oil until well combines
• Very gently fold in the avocado slices, being careful not to smash them.
• For the chicken into 4-5 burgers, spacing out the avocado to make sure it’s evenly dispersed.
• Grill the burger on the grill surface for about 5 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 156 F.