Foodie Friday: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
July 17, 2020 |
Did someone say chocolate? These double chocolate chip cookies have a twist of including healthy fats making these a sweet treat you know you can enjoy without the punch of being unhealthy. These are a great sweet treat to make for family events that everyone can enjoy!
Ingredients: Makes 14 cookies
• 2 cups + 2 tbsp almond flout
• ¼ cup cacao or dark chocolate powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup agave (maple syrup or honey)
• 1/3 olive oil
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
• ½ cup crushed pecans (optional)
1. Set oven to 350F.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry bowl and fold everything together until well-mixed.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips (and nuts).
5. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, then evenly scoop out cookies – preferably using an ice cream scoop or a large spoon – then add them to the parchment paper. Roll up each cookie into a ball, then gently mash it down on the parchment. Ensure there’s space between the cookies. IF desired, add a pinch of sea salt flakes to each cookie.
6. Bake for 12 – 17 minutes, or until the edges have lightly browned.
7. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 7 minutes before adding them to a cooling rack (or countertop) to “harden.”