Foodie Friday: Savory Sweet Potatoes
November 20, 2020 |
Happy Friday everyone! There is absolutely nothing like a sweet and savory combo. Especially one that is easy to make and can be a staple ever day of the week.
This recipe has the sweet flavor from the potatoes, and a savory kick from the garlic and rosemary.
Ingredients: 6 servings
• 2 lbs. sweet potatoes about 2 large, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary divided (or 1 teaspoon dried)
• 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
• salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
• Place the sweet potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with the olive oil, garlic powder, half of the rosemary (or all of it if using dried), salt and pepper until well combined. Spread in a single layer and bake for 20 - 30 minutes until tender and the bottoms of the potatoes are golden brown.
• Remove from heat and cool for about 5 minutes. Toss with the remaining half a tablespoon of rosemary, parmesan and more salt and pepper if needed.
• Serve immediately and enjoy!