Foodie Friday: Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
May 22, 2020 |
Happy Friday everyone! A lot of the times when grabbing a quick option for a meal or a snack we are left feeling un-satisfied and still hungry. The other problem we might run into are those “quick options” might be full of additives, extra sugars, and unwanted calories.
That is not the case with these delicious Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars! These things are packed full of fiber, sweetness and whole food ingredients! These are a great option for grabbing on-the-go and are even a great treat to have when craving something sweet!
• 2 cups old fashioned oats
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 ½ cups milk (or almond milk)
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
• ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 large gg
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 medium banana
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat 8x8 square pan with cooking spray
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a separate large bowl, combine the milk, applesauce, egg, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir to combine. The batter will be very wet. Fold in the diced banana, and pout into the prepared baking pan.
4. Bake for 35 minutes or until thickened and golden. Poke a toothpick in the center to make sure it comes out clean and has cooked through! Cool, cut into bars and enjoy!