Foodie Friday: Hummus
June 12, 2020 |
We are talking all things HUMMUS for today’s foodie Friday! Hummus is a great source of healthy fats and you also get some extra plant-based protein from the chickpeas. Hummus is packed with healthy ingredients such as olive oil that are rich in antioxidants and help reduce inflammation!
This recipe also is a time saver. In the time it takes to run to the store and pick up pre-made hummus you could have made this recipe multiple times!
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 large can chickpeas, drained and washed
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons tahini
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Finely chop garlic clove
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas
3. Puree garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, and tahini in a blender until smooth
4. Add oil, salt and pepper, and blend until you have a creamy hummus. Serve with veggies and enjoy!