Foodie Friday: Turkey Sausage Spinach Cups
June 19, 2020 |
Happy Foodie Friday everyone! Today I have a breakfast recipe that is packed with protein, vitamins and is more convenient than ever. When I know I am going to have a week full of busy mornings, these are on the top of must-make foods to help keep me fueled for the week ahead!
These Turkey sausage spinach cups are the perfect breakfast option that will keep you full for hours without wasting your time preparing it in the mornings.
Ingredients: Serves 12
• 12 turkey breakfast sausage links
• 6 eggs
• 1 cup of egg whites
• 6 frozen cups of spinach
• 1 tsp. onion powder
• 2 tsp. hot sauce
• ¼ tsp. salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cook sausage in a frying pan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned, breaking it up with a spoon until it turns into bite-sized chunks
3. Next, mix up the eggs, egg whites, spinach, onion powder, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl until combined
4. Grease a muffin tin or use twelve silicone baking cups (highly recommended.) Divide the egg mixture among twelve muffin cups
5. Next, equally divide the turkey sausage among the egg mixture in the twelve cups. You may wish to press it down slightly so that some of the sausage makes its way to the bottom of the egg mixture in each cup.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until egg is cooked through and no longer runny.