Foodie Friday: No-bake Fruit Cake
June 26, 2020 |
Happy Friday every! We all made it to the weekend….FINALLY! With the weekend…usually fun activities, family gatherings, and friend chaos starts adding up back to back. With all that chaos comes many opportunities for some delicious food and of course some sweets!
Be the one to offer bringing a dessert and try out this no-bake fruit cake! It is delicious and knock that sweet tooth without putting you in a sugar-coma!
Ingredients: 8 servings
For the crust:
• ½ cup sunflower seeds
• ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 6 medjool dates
For the frosting
• ½ cup coconut cream
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 cup raspberries
1. Line a round or square pan with parchment paper and set aside
2. Combine crust ingredients in a food processor and process on high for 3-4 minutes. Mixture is ready when you can press a little between your fingers and it sticks together
3. Spread the crust into the prepared cake pan. Slightly dampen your fingers with water and firmly press the crust into a thin, solid, even layer. Set aside.
4. To prepare the frosting, carefully remove the coconut cream from a can of full fat coconut milk that has been refrigerating at least 12 hours, yielding a ½ cup of cold coconut cream.
5. Combine the cream and honey in the food processor or a small blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until whipped and creamy.
6. Spread the coconut cream in an even layer on the crust.
7. Top the frosting layer with fresh fruit- you can use as much or as little as you desire.
8. To serve slice in 8 pizza slices or 16 squares depending on what type of pan you used.
Reminder that if you are cutting it into 16 squares the nutrition will be less. This listed nutrition is for 8 servings!