Foodie Friday: Chicken and Veggie Casserole
July 10, 2020 |
Happy Foodie Friday everyone! Looking for an easy way to get your protein and veggies in? This recipe will leave you with a ton of leftovers and the ability to sneak in extra veggies to your family members without them complaining one bit!
Sometimes casseroles get the bad wrap of being too high carb, to heavy, leave you just feeling stuffed….but not this one. The veggies keep things nice and light while the protein from the chicken helps keep you nice and satisfied!
Ingredients: Serves 8
• 2 pounds of boneless chicken breast
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 2 10-ounce bags frozen riced cauliflower
• 1 16 oz bag frozen broccoli cuts
• 2 large eggs, whisked
• 3 cups, shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons onion powder
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large 3-quart baking dish non-stick cooking spray or olive oil. Set aside
• Slice chicken breast in half horizontally to make them thin, lightly coat them in olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Liberally season with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes
• While the chicken is baking, heat the bags of frozen cauliflower rice and broccoli according to package instructions/ Discard any excess water or moisture.
• Remove chicken from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully chop baked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
• In a large bowl. Add cooked cauliflower rice, broccoli, chicken, eggs, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and butter/ Toss together until fully combines.
• Transfer casserole mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese
• Bake 50 minutes, until the cheese on top has fully melted and started to brown slightly. Let cool for 10 minutes and ENJOY!