Foodie Friday: Breakfast Muffins
August 14, 2020 |
Happy Foodie Friday everyone!! Are you tired of the same breakfast that includes scrambled eggs, fruit yogurt, or the classic oatmeal? Yeah…me too. Today’s recipe can be used as a great on the go breakfast that incorporates higher protein than the day to day muffin and is a great addition to your breakfast go-to list!
The other great thing about this recipe is it is easy to change things up and make them different every time. Tossing in a cup of almonds, maybe some blueberries, or even some delicious chocolate chips can shake things up a bit!
• 3 medium bananas, mashed (approx. 365g)
• 2 tbsp coconut sugar (20g)
• 3-4 tbsp non-dairy milk (45 ml)
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 cup + 2tbsp gluten free flout (138g)
• 2.5 scoops of vanilla protein powder (75g)
• 1.5 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• Pre-heat oven to 425 F (220 C)
• Add mashed banana, coconut sugar, 3 tbsp non-dairy milk, vanilla and cinnamon into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Add in the flour, vegan protein powder, baking powder and baking soda. Use a spatula and mix until a thick batter forms. If the batter looks too thick, add an extra tbsp of non-dairy milk (refer to video/photos).
• Divide the batter into 8 muffin tins. Bake for 5 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350 F and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of one of the muffins, it should come out clean.
• Remove from oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow the muffins to cool for another 10 minutes before eating.