Foodie Friday: Energy Bites
July 31, 2020 |
Happy Foodie Friday everyone! Ever need that little afternoon pick-me-up? More often than not people will reach for the second cup of coffee or energy drink BUT what if you reached for a nutritious snack? These energy bites are the best afternoon pick-up while also being the perfect sweet treat!
Energy bites are the perfect snack to have on-the-go! They are great when in a hurry or just wanting a sweet component at the end of a meal. These energy bites contain a number of nutrients in them…making them basically a nutrient powerhouse!!
Ingredients: 12 energy bites
• cup (240g) pitted dates
• 1 cup oats
• 1/2 cup walnuts
• 1 large (baked) sweet potato
• tablespoon maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds or flaxseeds
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until well combined.
• Scoop a spoonful of the ‘dough’ into your hands and begin to form into balls
• Place on a sheet or in a container to keep in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy them!!