Monday Tip: 5 Pillars of Fitness
July 27, 2020 |
Happy Monday everyone! When it comes to perfecting your health and fitness, sometimes people get the misconception that exercise and diet are the only things you need to work on.
When reaching for new fitness goals there are underlying components that could be making those goal harder for you to reach or can even keeping you from reaching them!
Today we are going to talk about some of the core pillars that should to be in-check to help increase overall health and fitness.
1. Sleep: It’s honestly hard not to feel good after a solid 8 hours worth of rest. Trying to get more sleep can be difficult to manage sometimes but it becomes a little more important to people when they realize it can affect fat-loss and muscle gain.
2. Water: Aiming for ½ body weight in oz is a great goal when it comes to water intake, but also don’t be afraid to get some extra electrolytes in there occasionally!
3. Fiber: Help your body with its normal business by aiming for a minimum of 25-30g of fiber because no one likes that constant backed-up feeling. High fiber foods include berries, avocado, beans, lentils, seeds, or chickpeas.
4. Protein: Protein intake is very individualized, but a good generic base is to try and match body weight in grams, or close. It is important in all phases of dieting and muscle building so make sure it’s at the top of your list when buying groceries!
5. Movement: Humans weren’t meant to just sit. Get up and move your body more…and I’m not just talking about for your workouts. Getting extra movement early in the morning, on lunch breaks, or even later in the evening can increase your overall activity!
Give these tasks extra attention throughout the week. You might notice that these small changes can make a huge difference!!